Friday, September 3, 2010

A few words on six years

He’s found your book
where you took
notes on who you gave what to
for birthdays and Christmases

Wish I could look
in every nook
and cranny of my mind and find
memories as clear as those records in your writing

So much for the past
That September
we do remember
It will last
and linger

Time shouldn’t be a distance
But in this instance
You feel further away than ever before
And I fear for ever more
the gap will grow and grow
And I’m too slow
to grasp you before you go
even further away

We move on
Leaving you behind
But now I’m watching him writing on the lines
of your book
Updating since your last entry
who got what and when
He does it so you can begin
to join in
and catch up on all that you’ve missed out on

No comments:

Post a Comment