Thursday, March 10, 2011

For Precious One

Precious One
if you only knew your worth
We would move heaven and earth for you
You have got us all so worried
You have got us all
You have got us

Precious One
I want so much better for you
than what you're going through
It is too late for me to be carefree
so my energy will be devoted to being here for you
because there is no one in my world, Precious One,
that has even begun to come close
to meaning what you do

I know this is your battle to fight
with victory only temporary
and that this piece of your mind won't let you have peace of mind
It's a war you'll never win
but you will begin, I promise, to live within your skin
with something akin to contentment
and if it's only for a moment
you'll make the most of it

Soon I will tell you about how you came along
and gave us something to delight in
when there was nothing else but devastation
and how you still shine into my heart
what sometimes feels like the only natural light
in my day of dull energy-saving bulbs and harsh fluorescents
You make a difference
Your presence alone does wonders
precious wonders
Precious One does

No comments:

Post a Comment