Friday, June 25, 2010

Corrugations

You mark my words
if you must
Red ink
But I think
for once I will do justice
to the memory
So with that in mind
I feel inclined
to start
Now

I said “let’s take it to the top!”
But God knows I was pushed to the dizzy limit
“Pull yourself together!”
That’s what you said to me
So we pulled together
not just ourselves but as one
“Get a grip!”
That’s what you said to me
(I still have your text, and here's what happened next)
So I got a grip real tight
and grabbed your hand
‘cause I’ve never been one to hold my own
in these sort of situations
And the sign said “You Made It!”
And I thought
“that’s bullshit”
It wasn’t until I got back down
that I felt on top of things again
And I will fight each day to never get that far away again

You call to say it is no more (literally)
You call to say you set it on fire (ritualistically)
You say of the monkeys on your back you have one less
(You call to say some bastard stole your fishing gear, but I digress)

I wanna ask, “What’ll you do now?”
I wanna ask “Are you going again?”
Anyway, I guess you’ll be home soon
“See you later, talk to you then”

No comments:

Post a Comment