Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sensitive

If I arose one morning and my eyes couldn’t see
I would trace your face with my fingertips
If one night I couldn’t hear a word you said
I would listen through my hands on your lips
If one day my skin couldn’t feel anything
I’d still be touched that you made time for me
If dawn broke, I awoke, and was no longer clairvoyant
that’s cool, you and I have no need for telepathy
If one soon afternoon I couldn’t detect your scent
I’d sniff the air like a bloodhound on your case
If the buds on my tongue one evening went numb
I’d still lick you all over your face

4 comments:

  1. You know, when you call a blog "DODGY POETRY" I was really expecting very "intelligent" haikus such as,

    Man with dazzling smile
    Be still my beating heart please
    Sing your Trololo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    But see, that wouldn't be dodgy, that would be awesome poetry!

    PS - Good detective work finding this site, no one knows about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sorry! I just found your profile and voila. A chimp could've done it. I have a similar IQ. And hygiene.

    If it's private, I can take it off my Reader if you wish? I totally understand privacy, believe me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, it's totally cool. I just thought it was very good deducing from you to link the Mel that sent you an email on trololo guy to my Mel profile that pretty much just hangs out at Joe's blog.

    Feel free to drop by this one, if dodgy poetry is your thing!

    ReplyDelete