Saturday, October 9, 2010

For The Win

I’m cutting my losses
into little tiny pieces
and what I’ve gained
now remains
left
over
and is now over
and done with
I’m cutting my losses
and counting my blessings
but the lessons I’ve learned
have yet to be turned into wisdom
Sometimes I lay them out
All those little tiny pieces
But each time I do, I’m missing another from before
It seems I need to cut some more
It’s better than having nothing at all
And yet there’s nothing to win
because I’m not keeping score
So I’ll cut my losses
and set them free
Toss them into the wind
My own celebratory confetti
I’m cutting my losses
loose

2 comments:

  1. I love the repetition in this. Reminded me to finish a poem I never finished that I thought also used "little tiny pieces" but in fact the pieces weren't little or tiny. Just pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read yours. Wonderfully poignant.

    ReplyDelete