Thursday, October 28, 2010

To Whom It Always Concerns

To Whom It Always Concerns,

Paper is precious in these parts
so this is the last
I will write to you.


There is more to my love than you know
Which is
I found all that I wanted
which was
just simply, you
use your heart as a palette
and people are your paint
I see you as an eager artist liberally and endearingly
stroking and splashing your attention around in broad sweeps and gestures
and brushing, aside to this
all of us want to be the only colour on your canvas
Just you and them alone
The makings of a duotone

(or perhaps a diptych?)
They imagine that they could fit into a frame with you
I did it to
I see now I was just a small part of your picture
I see now we all bear your signature
at the bottom right hand corner
of our hearts.


Signed,

The One No Longer Concerned

No comments:

Post a Comment