Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Am Too

I know. I know.
You’ve told me before.
She’s the one for you.

She grows, and shows
so much more
than I ever do

and I have hitherto
not revealed my ability to be, like her, so gosh darn enigmatic
But on this I am emphatic
I can be deep.
I can be meaningful.
I can be so amazingly mystical!
“My word! … You’re captivating!” you’ll say (about me)
It’ll be like the intellectual revelation equivalent of when the dowdy secretary
whips off her glasses
just as her boss passes
her in the hall
also just at the same time as she lets out her hair from its tightly wound bun
and down her back cascades her tresses
and then he confesses
just how much he now realises he cares for her
“My word! … You’re enchanting!” you’ll say (about me)
Or hey, you might say
“enchanté”
All, like, the French way

(Sorry, where was I ? ... oh yeah)

And when you do
your mind will expand to include the landscape I introduce you to
and you’ll bestow on me more attention
and affection
than anyone else before has been blessed to receive from you

No comments:

Post a Comment