Sunday, March 14, 2010

Submerged but still surviving

It’s almost ten years since my twenty-first
Time has neither flown nor frozen
That was the day I first saw your face
To be honest, you’re not the one I’d have chosen

I specifically requested you be easily understood
Not be large, Roman or minimalistic
I wanted your hands to be plain and precise
And also artfully simplistic

Sometimes when it’s very quiet
I hear you tick despite my tinnitus
Sometimes you leave a dark mark on my wrist
But black dermographism will never divide us

For now I can’t imagine you not by my side
Informative, reliable and consistent
Your gold gleam may have dulled over the years
But at least you’re still water resistant

So here’s to another decade of dates,
Meetings, greetings and goodbyes
Through it all you’ll get me there on time
Unless your battery dies

No comments:

Post a Comment