Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lifted

It feels all kinds of wrong when I see the moon during the day
There are just some things that should not be this way
I know to every thing there is supposed to be a season
But to me, some of them just do not stand to reason
Why do we call it milk if it does not come from an animal?
Why do people who do the most get paid the bare minimal?
When I look up above I get the same sense of unease
when flowing and blowing in the sky blue breeze
I see a balletic plastic bag fly and freeze
It looks so beautiful, but then I think “jeez,
It’ll take 500 billion years for that bag to decompose”
I don’t suppose
It just goes
forever
Never causing any harm, just acting as a balm
to sore eyes
No, it’ll probably land in the ocean
No more poetry-in-motion
for it
Probably strangle a dugong
See, like I said,
All kinds of wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment